Bookmarklet-like options for supporting non-advanced Android users?

Hi everyone!

I’m working on a couple of small, narrowly focused web site “helpers” each with fairly broad audiences in mind. (To give a quick sense of what they do: one grabs the currently selected text on a page, and one inserts some custom user styles.)

As an iOS user, I’d probably use a quick iOS shortcut to tackle these projects, but I’d like to be able to support folks on desktops and Android devices as well.

My first instinct was to build Chrome and Firefox browser extensions, assuming those were supported on Android, but it seems they aren’t. So I switched to using bookmarklets since that seemed like a pretty universal approach.

It surprised me to learn that Chrome on Android doesn’t support bookmarklets in the traditional sense either — tapping them from the Bookmarks list doesn’t do anything. Instead, typing the bookmarklet name from the omnibar seems to be the only way to invoke them.

That may work okay if it’s the only option, but I’m curious if there are any other approaches experienced Android users here can suggest for building small bookmarklet-like helpers for a wide spectrum of users.

Thanks!