Best forum ever

I came here to ask a question about a ‘File not found’ error I was getting in a Shortcuts and I solved the problem before I even finished filling out the title for the post.

How is that for efficient?

It would be useful to share your problem and solution for anyone who might come here looking for a solution to the same problem.

1 Like

Well it involved me finally understanding the correct format for a Shortcut so I don’t know how useful it would be to most people since I assume that they can read better than I can :slight_smile:

Let me tell you about times I’ve been wrong when I’ve assumed…!

1 Like

Let me tell you about times I’ve been wrong when I’ve assumed…!

In this case it was less about me making an assumption and the info for the Get File In action being very vague. It appears to only work when you provide it a folder but you can put other input into it. Not sure why they don’t restrict the action’s inputs

Shortcuts uses the content graph engine to translate data types where it can. Think of it as part of the underlying architecture carries out automatic extraction, conversion, and casting. Often, leaving inputs open accommodates this, but sometimes you do need to be, and can be explicit, by applying the right sequence of actions and data types for inputs/variables.

The peril of being open-ended.

Or the power. Just a matter of perspective.