I think i need a new phone for this NFC-stuff.
Time based automations have been a game changer for me. I have several running on my iPad.
Top shortcuts that run automatically:
- When I end a workout (bike ride) and I’m at work before 10am, tell my wife I made it to work.
- When I start a workout (bike ride) during the week after 4pm, tell my wife I’m on my way home.
- When my battery drops below 10% and I’m more than 5 miles from home, let my wife know my phone is dying and where I am.
- At bedtime, back up my shortcuts.
- Every Thursday morning populate my meeting notes template in Drafts in preparation for my Level 10 Meeting.
It really feels like the start of a new era for Shortcuts, new doors are opening up.
I now have my watch face changing to “workout” before I typically ride to or from work. This is so great!
Do we know anything much about Shortcuts on the Watch?
For example, could I pop up a menu? I’d want to do that from a complication to access lots of function from two taps. (Right now, even with multiple watch faces set up I feel very limited in the number of complications.)
Another question would be what can be done on the watch and what has to be handed off to the phone? (Now I can run with the watch and no phone this becomes more important - compared to when Workflow on the watch was a thing.)