Automate sending message to Discord Announcements channel

I’ve been using Zapier to link AirTable and Discord, posting to channels on my server when I’ve edited a record. But a user asked me to post to an announcements channel on Discord, which carries additional features. But announcement channels do not show up as available in Zapier.

Am I missing something? Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks.

Hey Dom,

It’s a bit of a stab in the dark but I googled the discord API and it mentions announcements (I don’t use discord so not 100% sure this is what you’re referring to).

You should be able to make an API call in zapier to trigger the announcement.

Sorry if I’m way off the mark!

1 Like

Thanks. That led to me the web hooks intregation which gave me most of what I want, even if it doesn’t look pretty. (It posts the information as a text file attached.) I’m going to have to dig deeper to figure out how to improve the posts. Thanks.

PS - try Integromat (KEAP) - you won’t regret it… I moved everything from Zapier and have never found anything I can’t do that I could in Zapier… cheaper & the UI is much more intuitive!

I’m trying it, but I can’t seem to make it do exactly what Zapier did for this particular case. I’m getting the output in the format I want, but it seems to require more work than Zapier to get narrow down the results. I’m trying to get it to give me only the latest changed record in a view with the exact content in a particular field (i.e. field: “Status” and content: “Posted”). Zapier did this easily, but Integromat/Make doesn’t, at least not obviously to me. Still working at it.

1 Like

What if the action after you searching for the result had a filter action in between?

Rather than trying to filter with the module itself, use the filter action sits between the modules. Sure if this helps at all?