Automate saving attachments from Outlook 2016?

At work I’m forced to use Outlook 2016 for Mac. Also, there’s a terribly short time period before email attachments disappear into a corporate (non-local) archive, although the email it was attached to remains available. The attachment shows up as 0KB.

I constantly need attachments that have disappeared, and retrieving them from the archive is a clunky process. So I want to automatically have all email attachments get automatically saved into a local folder when they come in, so I can just reference them locally on my machine if I need them.

Is there a way to do this?

If you have Office 365, you can use Microsoft Flow to save attachments to any of the connectors - Dropbox or OneDrive or Google drive

Let me know if you need the template.

1 Like

Do you use office365 at work? Because there’s a default action in Flow that saves all attachments for incoming email in a folder in Onedrive. (Which should be part of your office365 setup at work)

Wow, I had no idea about Flow (I use the Office products as little as possible).

It looks like it would solve my problem, but we actually use a hodgepodge of Office products. So while we do use OneDrive and the 365 versions of Word/Excel/Powerpoint, we’re still on Outlook 2016 with an old Exchange server. I poked around Flow and I don’t see a way to hook into it as far as I can tell.

If you are looking for an automated saving attachment from Outlook 2016 for Mac then you know that when you are working with Mac Outlook Outlook data is saved in an OLM format so you can try the Softaken OLM attachment Extractor Software smoothly extracts all attachments from OLM emails without making any changes to the original content. This tool can extract attachments from folders like TEXT, PNG, PDF, RAR, GIF, HTML, etc. This tool can easily support all Mac Outlook files such as 2021, 2019, 2016, 2011, etc in a few clicks, attachments are extracted and saved at the location selected by users. This application has wonderful features and a user-friendly tool that allows non-technical users to operate this application without any technical skills.

Here are the system requirements for that software

System Requirement

Processor
Any Pentium Class

Operating System
For Windows - 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Other

Memory
512 MB Minimum

Hard Disk
500 MB of free space for software installation

@lucuslium, can you explain how this would help someone who is on a Mac, as this software seems to be exclusively for Windows?

I don’t believe that this works for the most recent Outlook versions as Microsoft made some underlying changes to the application. Since you have resurrected such an old thread, do you have any information regarding its suitability for the most current versions of Outlook?