Automate Apple Credit Card Download

Not sure if this has been done before, but I can’t find it online.

I have an Apple Credit card (ACC) and I use Quicken for Mac. All of my other cards and accounts have an online sync which downloads directly to Quicken. ACC doesn’t have this option. You have to download a PDF manually and a QFX file (Quicken format) manually. The process is: going on my iPhone (can’t be done on a Mac), taping the balance, going to the next screen tapping on the month, then taping Download PDF Statement which I then save to a @scans folder on iCloud which Devonthink watches for PDFs and then imports in. I then have to do the same thing for export transactions and save it in QFX format. I then manually import this into Quicken and delete.

It’d be great to have a shortcut that runs on the 1st of every month to download the pdf and QFX file for the month. Thoughts?

6 Likes

I came here hoping for the same, but I guess Apple is a little skittish about automating access to the Wallet app. We could probably do the final step on the desktop by attaching a script to the folder where we DL the Quicken file. Once AppleScript detects a file of the correct type, it opens it with Quicken. That’s the easy part. The question is whether Quicken has a robust enough AppleScript dictionary to let us specify the account into which to import the transactions? I dimly recall trying something like this many years ago and Quicken was weak in its AppleScript mojo. But it’s been a while, maybe it can handle it now.