App crashes on Scheduled Requests

I have PushCut on my iPhone 13 (iOS 17.3) and the latest test version of PushCut Automation Server on my iMac (Sonoma 14.3). Everything works fine until I got to view Scheduled Requests on my iPhone. At that point the app crashes. No errors, no information, it just disappears. I did try uninstalling PushCut on my iPhone, then restarting and reinstalling, but it’s still happening.

Just to confirm, I also checked my iPad and the same thing is happening there. Is this a known bug with either the iOS app or the Mac Automation Server?

Everything else is working fine, including the scheduled requests running properly. Any ideas what could be causing the crash or how to troubleshoot it?

For any issues concerning the Mac beta, I would initially be looking at sending information via TestFlight rather than posting an open query here. Developers usually direct discussion to closed forums/groups or direct e-mail as they are not generally (but not always) for open public consumption and discussion.

As per the TestFlight advice from Apple, where you feel it would be useful to do so, you can instead go direct to the developer and those contact details are in the build information section for the app (in TestFlight).

There should be some crash logs on the device (Settings > Privacy & Security > analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data) that contain the details of why a crash has occurred, but often these won’t mean much unless you have the code to refer back to, or in depth knowledge of the application.

Hope that helps.

I’m not sure if this is from the beta Mac app, though since that’s not what’s crashing. It’s the iOS app from the App Store.

I was checking here to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

@sylumer,

For any issues concerning the Mac beta, I would initially be looking at sending information via TestFlight rather than posting an open query here.

Thanks for the nudge. I decided to confirm if it was the Mac app causing the crash or something else. So I took the following steps:

• Stopped the Pushcut Automation Server app on my Mac
  • Started Pushcut Server on my iPad
  • Confirmed it was running and recognized on my iPhone
  • Tapped on Scheduled Requests

The app still crashes, so it’s definitely not from the Test Flight versions. I’m open to ideas for why, especially if anyone else is experiencing the issue.

If it is definitely independent of the beta then you probably want to send crash logs and examples to feedback@pushcut.io.

1 Like