Anyone have Experience with the AddToHomeKit Service?

Has anyone used AddToHomeKit?

Easily make your smart devices compatible with Apple HomeKit using AddToHomeKit. Control them using the Apple Home App and Siri voice commands. Just tap “Add to Home” and add any devices to Apple HomeKit

I cannot find any mention of pricing on the website. And it seems you need to provide your email address to get additional info to “activate your account”.

Thanks.

Never used it - I use HomeAssistant for stuff along those lines. However, if you plug in an address (e.g. from temp-mail.org), you get the following prompt.

I don’t see any contact details or company name on the site, though there are a variety of names on the blog posts. There’s nothing on their host record either other then the are hosted by OVH Hosting in Canada (and they use Zoho for their e-mail).

I couldn’t find any online reviews for them, and no first party details about it. I found the odd comment from people about it, but not from anyone who actually seemed to have tried it.

If you progress through to purchase, you end up on a Matter Hubs payment page. That site seems to be run by “Matterly”, and part of “Kody Smart Home”. They sell smart home hubs, which lines up with one Reddit comment that had nothing provided to back it up.

Kodmy as an organisation is a subsidiary of the Sri Lankan company Knovik. The company they highlight as building their website.

So if you are following along, that is Knovik → Kodmy → Matterly → Add to HomeKit :unamused:

Now on the Kody Smart Home blog, those names match up to the ones on the Add to HomeKit blog. I think therefore they probably just have that domain for the Google juice on the search terms, and I suspect they recycle the content across them.

The Enomek app it asks you to install isn’t on the App Store. It is actually a configuration profile for your i*OS device, that judging by the instructions, installs a VPN configuration they then want you to enable. So as a minimum you are going to send your web traffic via them … :rotating_light:

Even if they are 100% above board, the lack of transparency on how this is supposed to work, the requirement to install a config profile they are calling an app, and the general approach in how the parent company is presenting itself would mean I personally would not choose to trust in and utilise such a service.

Based on the above, my recommendation would be to move on and look at the features of Homebridge and running it yourself. If you think you might want more options beyond HomeKit in the future, then Home Assistant with HomeKit Bridge giving you some “HomeKit-ification” features in Home Assistant would be a good alternative (that happens to be where I am currently).

I hope that this analysis is useful to you and anyone else looking for information about Add to Home Kit.

1 Like

Thank you. And enjoy the coffee. :slight_smile:

This was very helpful.

1 Like