Any way to wake up with a radio station?

Hi!
I’m trying to find a way to wake up with a radio station, could anyone think of a way to make my phone be able to do that?
The problem is that time automation could not run automatically without interacting with your phone.
I have a shortcut that runs the radio station in Apple music.
Any way to run it on a time without interacting with my phone?
Bart

There are a lot of apps on the (UK) app store if you search for “alarm clock radio”. I’d start with looking at what’s available there.

I don’t know of any native way of doing that.

I have a Shortcut that runs when I hit ‘Snooze’ on my morning alarm – it turns on the lights in my bedroom, but I’m sure it could start a stream too. That’s not exactly what you’re looking for, I know, but it’s as close as I think you can get without a 3rd party app.

yes, i want it without the click on alarm off / snooze, but time is excluded from the automations :frowning:

yeah, i tried some but none seems to have kink.nl in it, where apple music radio has it…

Hallo Bart,

The URL to stream Kink is https://21293.live.streamtheworld.com/KINKAAC.aac

If you have VLC on your iPhone you can use this Shortcut to stream it:

Or you can use Safari to stream it, with this Shortcut:

yeah, i allready managed to make a direct shortcut to apple music, where kink is also available. but then you have to call it with a times, which is not available to call on a time without interaction. So you’ll need a third party app that can start it on a certain time, and most “alarm clock radio” apps doesn’t include kink :wink:

Managed to do it with automations: Workaround from apple's block to do things on time without interaction?

Sorry, my mistake. I thought you also didn’t have a way to start streaming.

For some time I had an alarm to play a mp3 that contained a voice recording of myself saying “Alexa, play radio station X” + 15min. of silence.
Worked flawlessly, but now the echo echosystem is able to wake you up natively with online radios.