Albums for an iOS photo

Is there a script or other tool that will tell you which album a photo is in?

Can you be more specific? What operating system/platform are you using? What do you mean by “category”?

1 Like

In the photo library of my 512 GB iPhone 12 Pro Max I have over 70 albums and I currently 93,289 photos and 226 videos.

I would like a way to find out that albums a photo or a group of photos belongs to an album. It would be nice to see photos that did not belong to an album as well.

Shortcuts can show you album details for a photo. Here’s an example just to illustrate how it works and get you started - share a photo to this shortcut via the share sheet and it will show you the photo with any album name overlaid.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/d38f720fd071459aafa700f1e484ce3a

Is there something the inbuilt Photos app isn’t doing for you in this respect or is there some further requirement?

1 Like

That is a great start.

THANK YOU!

I’d love to have the metadata exported to my windows PC. Right now I’m exporting all my photos via Dropbox, and using the naming convention, YYYY-MM-DD HH.MM.SS.type to filter the images into folders, i.e. H:\Dropbox\Camera Uploads\2023\01\10-Tue\ has a file named: 2023-01-10 13.54.04.heic in it.

At that point I lose the album name.

Shortcuts supports Dropbox saving and can access a lot of the information about a photo. It sound slike a good fit for building out your export to include additional meta data.

1 Like