Add multiple alerts to calendar event?

I’m pretty forgetful, so I like to be reminded of events several times, like the evening before, 2 hours before, and when it’s time to leave. It’s possible to add multiple alerts in most calendar apps, but I don’t see a way to do so in Shortcuts.

I have several templates for calendar events that I’d like to add via Shortcuts, and it would be great not to have to go into the event to add the extra alerts. Is there maybe a way to do this via JavaScript?

Shortcuts events works with the native calendar which I don’t think supports multiple alerts, does it?

If that is the case, I think you need to identify a particular app with a URL scheme that supports multiple alarms per item.

The alternative is of course multiple events with different alarms.

It does, but only two. The Mac version allows you to add as many as you like.

It doesn’t look like Fantastical will let me do this via url either, so I’ll keep searching!

Ah, now I see why I’ve never spotted that before. That option appears if the calendar is an iCloud calendar. I use Exchange and Google calendars daily and they don’t have that second alert option. I don’t believe it’s a standard calendar interchange format option from what I’ve seen previously.