Work schedule help

Hello,
I work 3 days a week then off 3 days. I work 8am-5pm, then the next day 8am-6pm, then the next day 6pm-9:30am. Then off for 3 days, then it repeats. I enter it in my calendar on my iPhone manually. Is there a way to automate this so I can do 3 days in a row? Or somehow do the whole month in one shot?

Yes. It is just a case of having a loop that works on a base of 6 days. The first time through the loop it does the first day set up, the second the second day, and the third the third day. Then for the remaining three it does nothing. Each time the loop is moving on one day. You can do this a little more efficiently with nested loops, but the gain is minimal.

Repeat this for whatever six day period you require and use the Add new event action to add the appropriate time for the day.

I’m not sure which calendar service you’re using, but certainly Google Calendar seems to have an option for repeating “every 6 days” which might remove the need for Shortcuts altogether.

2 Likes

I use week cal, but I can do it on there also. That’s a good idea, I didn’t think about that. I’m just getting tired of making the events all the time. I have templates on week cal but I still enter it one day at a time. I’m just getting tired of it.

Try this, @Jjm: Shortcuts

Thanks I will try it

In the add new calendar event actions, you’ll want to choose a calendar name that you use. You can also toggle off the Show Compose Sheet.

1 Like