Windows management works and it doesn't

Hi,

after have been playing around with KM to arrange some windows management with spaces - however, one day it works, the other day it doesn’t, though I have not changed anything in the macro.

This is my setup:

• iMac with Mojave
  • external display attached

… and this is what I am trying to achieve:

• Load VPN (works always :wink: )
  • Activate Omnifocus and set it up on the external monitor, top half
  • activate Fantastical and set it up on the external monitor, bottom half
  • open a new desktop via an Apple Script on main screen (works always :wink: )
  • simulate keystroke via an Apple Script moving to the new desktop
  • activate Mail on new desktop (on main screen) - left half
  • activate slack on new desktop - right half
  • activate Trello on new desktop (on main screen) - full screen
  • activate Safari on new desktop (on main screen) - left half
  • Set Safari URL - never works :frowning:
  • open new Safari window - right half
  • Set Safari URL - never works :frowning:
  • simulate three time keystroke via Apple Script to move back to first empty screen.

This macro starts from scratch - so no other app is open while it runs.

However, it just distributes the apps on the screens as it feels like … never the same, never the way the macro is written.

Macro looks like this:

However, the screens after running the macro looks like this - edited from my side :wink:

What is wrong on my KM macro?

I am thankful for any help!

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Sven

Just from a quick scan, any chance the pauses are insufficient and so the movements get applied to windows that are front most that are not expected to be front most? Arbitrary pauses are rarely the best option in general, but admittedly they are sometimes the only option.

Thanks, interesting thought - I will try that asap and let you know…

Finally weekend and I had time to try your suggestion - yes, that works partially, with one exception: Omnifocus remains to open stay at the location on the desktop it was last closed. So if I moved it from the opening location and close it at the new location, it will ignore the KM command and open at the location last closed, which I found very odd!