Using Charty for workout progress

Hello everyone!

I would like to have a shortcut that tracks my workout using Charty. I would like to select a month and have a pie chart created that informs me how many of each day of the week (in that given month) that I’ve worked out. ie: 2 Mondays; 4 Tuesdays; 1 Wednesday; etc.

I was wondering if someone knew of a website or video where I could learn how to use Charty. I want to learn Charty not just get someone to create a shortcut for me. I’ve purchased the “Shortcuts Field Guide”. Something like that for Charty would be great.
Thanks,
David

I don’t know why the first paragraph, of my original post, is in a scroll bar. I don’t know how to fix that.

You have probably put it between triple back ticks which would Mark it as a Markdown code block.

I have no idea what “triple back ticks” are or what pesticide removes them.

A backtick is a character on your keyboard ( ` ). When you put blocks of three together like this to wrap your text in them:

```
I would like to have a shortcut that tracks my workout using Charty. I would like to select a month and have a pie chart created that informs me how many of each day of the week (in that given month) that I’ve worked out. ie: 2 Mondays; 4 Tuesdays; 1 Wednesday; etc.
```

it will then look like this when rendered by the forum software.

Hence my suggestion, and no pesticide is required to remove them, just a delete or backspace key like any other character.

You could also have wrapped it in <pre><code> tags as

<pre><code>I would like to have a shortcut that tracks my workout using Charty. I would like to select a month and have a pie chart created that informs me how many of each day of the week (in that given month) that I’ve worked out. ie: 2 Mondays; 4 Tuesdays; 1 Wednesday; etc.</code></pre>

becomes

There’s a couple of ways you could have made your text look like that. If you select the edit option on your original post, you could always post a screenshot and someone can probably explain why should it not be one of these two possibilities.

So how did I get the tags and backpacks to render and not render above? Well that’s all about escaping, but that’s a different question :wink:

• Have you looked at the tutorial and examples on the Charty web site? They are accessible from the site’s top navigation area.

https://chartyios.app

Hope that covers everything.

It appears as if I had indented the paragraph. Problem resolved. I’ll try those suggestions out. I have tried some of the examples from the app but it’s all foreign language to me. I don’t understand how he’s extracting data to set the x and y values. I’m not a programmer so I am lost on most of it. This is why I would like to learn how to make the shortcuts instead of having someone design them for me. I appreciate the links.

That YouTube link helped out a lot. Thank You, @sylumer. Now I just need to learn how to extract the desired data from the health app. I didn’t think that creating a chart would be that simple.