Shortcuts Utilities: App w/ Actions for Google Drive, Machine Learning for Images, Extract Details from Text and More

@Hunter don’t panic. :slight_smile:

You’ll get feedback soon after iOS 13 ships.

I, for one, intend to install iOS 13 as soon as I can, plus your app plus the latest beta of Scriptable.

1 Like

Don’t worry, no panic. :wink:

Latest build:

• Includes new actions for creating barcodes and detecting if an image includes faces.
  • Getting the app closer to a shippable state.

I’ve applied to Google for proper OAuth credentials so the screen where you authenticate with them won’t have the ‘untrusted’ bit anymore.

Note: iOS 13.1b1 has as bug where picking images in the app doesn’t work. It works in the actions, just not the app proper.

1 Like

Looks like iOS 13.1b2 fixes the image permissions issue that was present in the app itself.

1 Like

Google approved the app meaning no more scary ‘this application is unverified’ prompt. Progress!

1 Like

Uploading a new build that includes a native ‘Send Tweet’ action.

This is super interesting. Adding google docs support would be amazing. Reading/writing/copying files etc

Tell me more about what you’d like to do with Google Docs?

I looked at the API a little and it’s definitely more complex as the data is all about all of the various things you can put into a doc but knowing more about your use case would be interesting.

Right now the biggest thing I can think of is copying, and renaming a document. My particular use case there is on Monday’s when my podcasts releases, i run a shortcut that triggers a zapier to duplicate my show notes template file.

I also think appending to a doc would be really useful.

By the way, the latest build isn’t showing up isn’t he Shortcuts app for me, but if i go back a few builds it does. I’m on 13.1 dev beta 3.

Ah, so that almost sounds like like Google Drive (i.e file operations like copy/delete/etc). I’ll have to look at that API.

As for the app appearing, TestFlight should be showing v1.0 (019), that’s the latest. It does look like people have been installing it. I’ve seen TestFlight get stuck more than once though.

When I initially just did the newest, it wasn’t showing. I just tried updating from the previous build and was able to see the new send tweet action (which worked by the way).

And you’re right, it’s probably more a google drive integration.

1 Like

Nice.

I’ll take a look at the Google Drive API. You’d think doing something like duping a file shouldn’t be that difficult.

1 Like

Ok, I got Google Drive file duplication working. I’ll have that in the next build.

1 Like

Well that was fast. Thank you for doing that.

Sure thing. New build coming here shortly. I had to request an additional API authorization from Google. It’s working for me here but not entirely sure if I have to wait for them to approve it. Will be interesting to see if it works for you out of the box.

Worked perfectly in my testing.

Good deal, thanks for letting me know.

Well, I was a little curious what App Review would do with an app that was primarily for Shortcuts actions - they’ve had some issues in the past with review and new features. Happy to say that the app was approved for release and a non-beta will be out on Thursday. Beta process will also continue.

5 Likes

Very cool. I thought you were going to say they made you change the name of it so it didn’t mention “Shortcuts”

I was very much wondering if having the name overlap would get me… and honestly, it’s still probably somewhat risky in that they might flag it in the future. So far, so good.