Shortcuts for Mac and Setapp Apps

I’m a Setapp subscriber. I noticed that none of my Setapp apps show up in the list of applications in Shortcuts for Mac. Instead, if I have an existing Shortcut (made on my iPad) that references an app (e.g., Due), Shortcuts prompts me to purchase the app from the Mac App Store. Is there a workaround for this?

Edit: I also posted in the MPU forum.

It turns out that I’m just an idiot. Due is actually the only Setapp app that doesn’t show up in Shortcuts for me — the other apps (that have Shortcuts support) do show up.

I am glad for your post as I have had some other (non-setapp) apps do the same. Is this just a mac app compatibility issues or something that I need to do something about?

I’m not sure what the issue is. It could be that the Mac app doesn’t yet support Shortcuts, or maybe the non-App Store version of the Mac app doesn’t support Shortcuts. Maybe you can reach out to the app developer of the app you’re having trouble with, if you haven’t already.

1. Most everyone I’ve ever seen post on here are brilliant people one way or another, you included. Please don’t call yourself an idiot as it’s a reasonable question.
  2. I have ADHD and do exactly the same thing and am learning to not put myself down.
  3. I am willing to bet that Setapp is going to eventually let us know which of those apps have shortcuts or not, but it would be a good idea to give them that feedback. They can ask their client app owners to add that piece of information.

I’ll stop numbering now. :slight_smile: I am thankful to Rose and MacSparky and all who give of their time so freely in creating these environments for us to work through issues. And you all (at least anyone I’ve chatted with on here) are the nicest bunch of humans!

Happy early New Years ahead of time to all on here in case I forget to post!