Scriptable triggers

Hi,

I was thinking about Scriptable after hearing one of the latest automators shows. In particular, methods were mentioned which return the status of the device, like Device.isFaceDown() At first I thought “well, this is pretty cool, I can do a lot with it” but my next thought was “OK, but how do I trigger it?” Without a trigger on change of the hardware condition, this method looks a lot less exciting.

Keyboard Maestro solves this problem on macOS, is there any way to solve it on iOS?

Launch Center Pro can trigger things based on location or time which is something I do a lot of. Unfortunately for everything else you’ll need to have a script running which checks the status.

Unfortunately for everything else you’ll need to have a script running which checks the status.

Is there any way to do so on iOS, as limited as it is? All possibilities I can think of have to be user-triggered.

Anything that polls has (at least) two issues:

1. Battery
  2. Being interrupted or cancelled

I know you’re not suggesting a script as a preferred method. :slight_smile:

If iOS 13 allowed something like cron - which automates things on timers - I’d be delighted.

If iOS 13 came with a $50 in-app purchase for some sort of cron support I would buy it in an instant.

3 Likes