I’m pretty new to automation and am trying to learn through projects that scratch an itch.
How and where would I begin if I want to create an automation that does the following
- Ask for a project name
- Refer to a list of existing project codes in a txt/md file(currently this file is in Obsidian)
- Increments the project number by 1
- Creates folders within Dropbox, OmniFocus, DEVONthink, Obsidian, Mail using the project name
- Creates links between all of them
I know Joe Buhlig had something like this but it was all AppleScript and too difficult for me to break down and build back up.
My questions are:
- What would be the ideal tool to create this with - Shortcuts, AppleScript, KM, DataJar or a combination thereof?
- Where and how do I get started to break apart this problem into smaller steps that I can learn to code with?