NFC Automation Misfiring

Lately, an automation I have setup to run a shortcut whenever I tap a NFC tag when leaving my place has been misfiring the moment another automation begins to run.

This happened with another automation during the beta in which an tag automation would run a shortcut that auto-populated a grocery list. Needless to say, it was an enormous headache when I began noticing I had 300+ items in my groceries reminder list that kept ticking up until I reset my phone. Thankfully, the shortcut misfiring now does not auto-populate my reminders.

This hasn’t been a problem after the Golden Master and official release but has been a recent issue the last couple of weeks.

Would it be best to just swap the tag out and rescan with another tag? It’s rather odd because it’s this particular automation and not another which runs the same shortcut … Any other advice would be appreciated.

When you say misfire, are you saying it accidentally runs when the other automation runs? Or by misfire you mean it experiences an error?

The automation accidentally runs without my device being anywhere close to the tag. And I have it set to run without asking.

That’s odd. I would delete the automation and recreate it. And you’re sure it’s the NFC Tag which is firing? I’d troubleshoot it by displaying a Show Alert action before running the rest of the shortcut in the Personal Automation action section.

Yes. It is the automation firing, not the shortcut, because my phone specifically tells me it’s running the automation. For now, I’ve simply set it to ask when running until I can re-setup the automation or switch out the tag.

On an unrelated note, I’ve also had trouble with any automation set for arriving at a location any other time range than 9am to 5pm. So, this is not the first problem I’ve had with their new automation settings.

How long has it been since you last restarted your device? I’ve found that this sometimes helps to resolve unruly automations.