Make Script Work on Multiple Macs

Hello

I have a script below that creates a job folder structure and copies a file from my users movies folder into the new structure. It works great…on my machine.
I would like this script to work for everyone in my office. They will all have the file that needs to be copied in their users Movies folder.
Do I have to write a script for each computer or is there a way I can make this work on any Mac in my office?

**property** src : *alias* "Macintosh HD:Users:brodbb:Movies:JobTemplate-DoNotDelete.fcpbundle:"

**tell** *application* "Finder"

**set** mediaNumber **to** text returned **of** ( **display dialog** "Enter the Media Number" default answer "xxxxx") --stores media number as a variable

**set** jobName **to** text returned **of** ( **display dialog** "Enter the Project/Job Name" default answer "") --stores job name as a variable

**set** prodName **to** text returned **of** ( **display dialog** "Enter the Name of the Producer" default answer "") --stores Producer's Name as a variable

**set** loc **to** **choose folder** "Choose Where to Save This Job" --chooses a location to save the job folder to

**set** NewJobFolder **to** (mediaNumber) & " - " & (jobName) --combines the mediaNumber & jobName variables into the "9999 - Job" format

**set** JobFolder **to** **make** new *folder* at loc with properties {name:NewJobFolder} --places the job folder at the selected location

**set** comment **of** JobFolder **to** "Project Produced by: " & (prodName)

**set** ASSET **to** **make** new *folder* at JobFolder with properties {name:"ASSET"} --targets the new job folder & creates "ASSET" subfolder

**set** RAW **to** **make** new *folder* at JobFolder with properties {name:"RAW"} --targets the new job folder & creates "RAW" subfolder

**set** MASTER **to** **make** new *folder* at JobFolder with properties {name:"MASTER"} --targets the new job folder & creates "MASTER" subfolder

**set** fcpxMEDIA **to** "FCPX MEDIA" & " " & (mediaNumber) --stores "FCPX MEDIA mediaNumber" as a variable

**make** new *folder* at RAW with properties {name:fcpxMEDIA} --targets the "RAW" folder & creates "FCPX MEDIA xxxxx" subfolder

**make** new *folder* at MASTER with properties {name:"ProRes"} --targets the "MASTER" folder & creates "ProRes" subfolder

**make** new *folder* at MASTER with properties {name:"YouTube"} --targets the "MASTER" folder & creates "YouTube" subfolder

**make** new *folder* at MASTER with properties {name:"MP4"} --targets the "MASTER" folder & creates "MP4" subfolder

**set** dest **to** ASSET

**duplicate** src to dest

**set** fcpxLibTempDupe **to** **the** **first** *file* **of** ASSET

**set** name **of** fcpxLibTempDupe **to** (mediaNumber) & " - " & (jobName) & ".fcpbundle"

**end** **tell**

Thanks for your help!

Ben

see https://www.alfredforum.com/topic/9738-launch-appsfile-workflow-paths-on-different-machines/?do=findComment&comment=49029

Given everyone will have a different home folder, maybe try switching out line 1 (the property line) for say something like this, that should determine the home folder, append the FCP part of the path, and then alias that while path as you had originally.

set src to ((path to home folder) as string) & "Movies:JobTemplate-DoNotDelete.fcpbundle" as alias

Thank you so much sylumer! That was literally a copy/paste fix! I’m very new to AppleScript so I find it very interesting to disect these little bits and pieces that help me along the way. I am very grateful for your help! :slight_smile:

Thanks to dfay as well…everyones help is very encouraging.