Keep Scripts order across devices

iCloud works great, nonetheless when I sort or move my scripts on one devices that don’t sync with my other iOS devices, I create the Scripts on my iPad and test them on the iPhone. The Shortcuts app does it, meaning it should be possible with iCloud Sync, any thoughts on adding this capability? Thanks

1 Like

@logi It’s something I’ve been putting a lot of thought into. I’m unsure if all users wants the order to be synced. I think it’s pretty easy to imagine a case where some scripts are more relevant on one device than on others in which case the most relevant scripts would probably be ordered first.

I’m thinking it might be best to add it as a setting. When enabled, the app should check if orders exist in iCloud and if they do, the app should prompt the user if he wants to overwrite the orders with the orders on the device or if he wants to start using the orders stored in iCloud.

I probably won’t have time to implement this for version 1.0 but I’ve got a todo to implement it for a future release - when I’ve settled on a good approach at some point :blush:

1 Like

Another option might be to have an option to export and import the current order manually. Not suggesting that’s a good option, but it might be easier to implement to start with.

1 Like