I’m trying to understand debugger in Scriptable so that automation becomes easier for me. However, I see that invoking debugger has no effect in my script. Also, as far as I know, there’s no documentation on debugger part.
@simonbs Can you please help? I have exact 3 questions as of now-
- How to run scriptable code in background in Shortcuts? It requires my device to be unlocked to invoke Scriptable code from Shortcuts, even if script is inline script.
- How to play sound in Scriptable?
- How to use debugger?
I try to answer your questions as far as I know them.
- I assume that you have unchecked the Show when run option.
It seems that this a system limitation.
- You can try to use a WebView and HTML5 in it. Maybe it works if you don’t present it, maybe it doesn’t. I haven’t tried it.
- There appears to be no implementation of a debugger in Scriptable. Your only option is to use
log and custom alerts.
@schl3ck Thanks. You saved me from putting in a lot of effort into this.
Yeah, I had unchecked Show when run and Run in app both options.
I was hoping to not go into WebView and HTML5 but it looks like there’s no other way.