Help with creating morning workflow

Hi, hope you’re doing well. :slight_smile:

When I looked at the two links, there were two different shortcuts, not sure what happened when you tried to download them.

I don’t have a HomePod to test it out with, so I’m not sure how much I can help you, but this link is to Matthew Cassinelli’s YouTube video on HomePod shortcuts (https://youtu.be/8w7zDk7jmq4)

I believe that this might help you out with what you’re looking to do. I believe from what I remember is that you have to start the shortcut from the HomePod, and then the audio will go to that instead of your iPhone, (or iPad for that matter).

If I think of anything else, I’ll be sure to let you know.

Scott

I don’t have a HomePod, but one of the things that keeps coming up on Apple related podcasts is having HomePod as a destination for Shortcuts run on other devices. Currently it isn’t an available option. The only “workaround” people seem to have come up with is having the device pre-configured to be AirPlaying to the HomePod. :man_shrugging:

Thanks, I wasn’t completely positive about that.

Here’s a link in the Mac Power Users discourse group that might help out as well, if anyone is interested in it.

1 Like