Help setting up notifications on Apple Watch

I’ve been trying to set up some notifications that run from the Apple Watch but I’m having difficulty.

One I’ve created is a notification when I leave the house, which when activated should turn everything off (lights, TV etc). If I run it via curl from home I see this

But when I leave home and the notification is triggered I see this

Here’s the trigger

And here’s the notification

The action is supposed to call a webhook to run a script on Home Assistant.

Does anyone know why it’s not working properly when I leave home? (It is showing the notification, but doesn’t show the action to ‘Turn everything off’).

this is really strange : (

could you try this just to rule out that there is some silly updating bug or race-condition at work:

• edit the notification (on the phone) just so you can save it again (eg: change some text back and forth)
  • disable the location trigger, then enable the trigger again

if for whatever reason anything was incorrectly scheduled with iOS, this should update it to the the latest version of the notification.

let me know how it goes.

Actually, I might have found a way of making it work.

Under Local Triggers I disabled the triggers for arriving and leaving under the Notifications tab. Then switched to the Background tab and added the Pushcut API URL for my arriving home action under Arriving, and the Pushcut API URL for my leaving home action under Leaving.

They both worked when I went out and returned home this morning, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they’ll work all the time.

In fact, maybe that’s the way I should have been doing it all along? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

well… it should really work the same both ways.

anyway, I am glad you got it working!
thanks for keeping me posted.

1 Like

No problem, you’re welcome!