Help sending Drafts to specific DevonThink note or database

So I’d like to send certain selected drafts from Drafts to DevonThink but specifically put in a certain folder or running document of quotes I’ve written down. I’d imagine I use the URL callback for DevonThink but unsure how to do so. Can anyone lend a hand?

1 Like

Hi, @Jonathan_Davis. You can find some orientaton here to tweak existing workflows in the Drafts’ Directory: https://www.macstories.net/ios/ipad-diaries-devonthinks-new-advanced-automation/
See particularly footnote 1.
I hope this can help.

The DEVONthink forum is a good place for help on this. For example see

https://forum.devontechnologies.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16628&start=40&hilit=uuid

To get detailed help on the DEVONthink URL scheme in DTTG help, visit the Appendix > URL Commands section of DEVONthink to Go help.

You will need the UUID (unique identifier) of the database or group in DEVONthink to Go. To find this in DTTG, do a long press on the database or group name in the sidebar list. A pop-up as shown below will open. Press Copy item link and you will have an x-devonthink-item://0B1C8ABA-EF8B-4F8E-B052-8D9B0019E3E4 URL on the clipboard. The latter part of that URL is the UUID of the database or group whose Info you were viewing.

1 Like

Great idea I’ll post on the DT forums.

If you have a Mac running, you could also use Dropbox to send to different folders that have scripts attached to them to file away in different places in DEVONthink on the Mac.

2 Likes

I use Bear for this since DTPO is a pain to sync across my 3 devices IMO. I keep longer-term reference files in DTPO, but for active stuff I dip into more regularly appending to a Bear doc is easy. Dropbox file append also works well for this. Both are available in Drafts Actions directory.

I have created a Draft action that sends a draft to specific DevonThink folders (that you can select from a dialogue box). A link to how to set this up is here

1 Like

I’ll have to give this a shot. Thanks for the workflow