Get tasks from OmniFocus

So I am just starting with OmniFocus, so please forgive me if I am missing something obvious, but is there a way to get all of the tasks in a certain perspective via the Shortcuts app? I would really like to include this in a “morning routine” shortcut, but so far the only thing I have been able to do is open the app to the correct perspective, instead of actually getting those tasks back to Shortcuts.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

There’s no way on iOS right now. But later this year we will be getting Omni Automation which uses JavaScript and I’m very confident we’ll be able to use it to deliver this!

1 Like

Thank you! I know Javascript so hopefully they’ll be a lot to tap into!

I can’t wait for this. I’d love to be able to pull out a random task with an estimated duration of < 15 mins, for example.

1 Like

What I don’t understand is why that is possible when you use the OF to Calendar workflow (starting from OmniFocus via share button), but it’s not possible from Shortcuts itself. Hm. I so wish I could email myself a list of tasks from my “Today” perspective as i seem to be “unable” to remember to open OmniFocus to have a look every morning. Or maybe I’m just scared… :wink:

I love the morning routine idea that tells you the weather, your calendar appointments and then sends an email to my work email with my OmniFocus tags. I find email much harder to ignore…

Wait and drink tea until JS is ready.