Design ideas: Programmatically enable Shortcuts? Or persistent variables?

I’ve got a scenario I need assistance with. When I leave work at the end of the day, there are a series of tasks I want my phone to do. So, for example, in ShortcutA it should set my Slack status to Commuting, check amount of time to get home, and open my podcasts. Then, when I get home, I want ShortcutB to be able to clear that Slack status.
Note that I don’t want to clear my Slack status whenever I arrive home – only after I’ve left work.
It would be awesome if ShortcutA could enable ShortcutB, but I don’t see that in the manual. This would be best, because then B would only come into play when actually needed.
Alternatively, if I had a persistent variable of visible in different shortcuts, ShortcutA could set it, and ShortcutB could test it when I arrive at home and then clear it. Variables don’t have any kind of stickiness, however.
So I thought creating a Reminder in ShortcutA and marking it complete it B… but nope, can’t check off Reminders.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this – to allow one shortcut to run only if another has already run? Or am I missing something in one of the above that would allow me to use that method?

Thanks for any ideas,
Aaron

You can check for the existence of a reminder (search by name). And if that doesn’t work, you can read/write a file that’s kept locally or in a cloud provider and set some value in there to declare shortcut A is complete.

Create a new reminder at the end of A that will trigger B, then have that reminder set to remind you when you arrive at your home location.

Cool ideas, thanks to the both of you.
I wound up creating a Reminder and then deleting it upon arrival at home, since I could not mark it as completed. I wish Slack had better integration, because I’d do all the state checking where it really needs to lie: my Slack status. Maybe someday.