Convert rows of Excel into individual Markdown files

Hi, this was really good and easy to follow thank you!

I am working on a project where I need to generate md files for each museum object with information at the top of each page that needs to be on separate lines.

eg.

-–
label: The Zebra
layout: entry
order: 301
object:

  • id: “obj-1”

The excel is set up so it compiles the necessary info, correctly formatted, into a single cell I can copy and paste into a md file.

I have tired to use the same formula to create and populate an md file with this info but it is not working:

echo "—
label: The Zebra, or WILD ASS
title: obj-1
layout: entry
order: 301
object:

  • id: “obj-1”
    —" > “obj-1.md”

I suspect the special characters for the lines breaks is breaking it as I can get the same file name to work with one or two cell references without the formatting to work.

Just hoping someone might have a suggestion that would allow me to auto populate the information without having to manually copy and paste!

Thanks a mill!