Calendar/ Directions

Does anyone have a shortcut or use a shortcut like this. I want to combine the following two shortcuts. Not sure if makes sense to.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/8982cc787ef84ce59c9c103b3b0a14d4

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/eb80c003aafd453f9482ba77df91aae5

I can see about four different ways of merging aspects of those two shortcuts. Can you explain precisely what it is that you want to do and where you are stuck based on the two shortcuts you’ve listed?

@sylumer someone else made them I use them and like them. I’m thinking to make it all into one shortcut, so i can do my agenda then it ask if I need directions if needed. Not sure if that’s good or not to put them together. Also it’s hard for my to break them apart cause I only have an iPhone, I’m not sure how to get them together.

Directions to a specific event (e.g. the first, the last), or do you want to be prompted if you want directions, and then where to, or do you want directions to each of them, or were you looking for incremental directions?

I still don’t quite get what sort of combination you have in mind :frowning:

I think you are probably best off describing what you want as there are many ways to ‘put two things together’.

Anyone who has ever put together flat pack furniture can probably attest to that :laughing:

Remember that you can trigger one shortcut from another and you can even pass data (such as a calendar event) when you do. Maybe you don’t have to combine them into one to do what you want to do. Maybe you just need to duplicate and amend each a little so they work together?

Truth is that you are probably best placed to answer that right now. It comes back to what you want to do now, but perhaps also to how you might want to change it in the future. There’s not necessarily a right or wrong way to do it.

Breaking things down is good for keeping things simple in isolation, but becomes complicated when managing in aggregate. Two’s at the lowest end of the scale, but hopefully you get the idea. Inversely, having a single thing can lead to it being difficult to maintain but easy to share.

@sylumer I was thinking of tapping my agenda then seeing it, then it asking me if I need directions. But the more I think about it the more I will probably keep it two different shortcuts.