Automators 3: Converting Numbers Sheets to Keynote Graphs with Sal Soghoian

episode

There should be a script icon in your menu bar which you can launch these from :wink:

Ah yes! I have this hidden in Bartender. Thanks! Do you ever use Alfred or Launchbar to speed this sort of thing up or usually just the menu bar?

Very much enjoyed your podcast, but, have reached a quick stumbling block trying to become an automator. When I launch the script from Sal, it stops with an error message, (Error: can’t get document 1. Invalid index.). Any help would be much appreciated!

Sounds like it is trying to access a file you don’t yet have open.

Yes, I’m just not sure what it is, or what would be the next step in troubleshooting this. Thanks for your reply.

How might we change this script if I wanted to export to pages instead of keynote?

Big thanks to the two of you for getting him as a guest. I ended up attending the bootcamp and it was one of the best conferences I have been to in years. Sal and his wife couldn’t have been nicer and I learned a ton in just a few days. Very well organized and run - small group of very friendly and helpful people. Very happy I went.

Thanks a lot, that was great. I ignored the advice to look at the script while listening since I was driving. And I have almost no experience with scripts. But Sal was so great at explaining, I had no trouble following and getting a first impression of hiw this works.