Automators 23: Diving into Drafts Automation with Tim "The Drafts Man" Nahumck

You’ll need to modify the action you use to save it to OmniFocus, check their URL scheme documentation for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was the episode that finally got me to commit and try out Drafts. Once the use cases were spelled out, it got my mind thinking about all sorts of options.

I actually stole @RosemaryOrchard’s action group for Omnifocus and tweaked the “Tags (suggest)” action as a larger “Define Task Context” action. It’ll pose a few questions to apply all the appropriate, standard tags I want to have on every action. Happy to share if anyone is interested as it makes putting consistent tagging for great omnifocus shortcuts. Things like the relevant person, estimated duration, action type (Waiting, vs Email, vs Errands…), and devices, all get determined by a few prompts, ensuring you always tag things completely, and not requiring you to think about which ones are required and which ones aren’t.

1 Like

I just posted a feature request to the Drafts forum that is relevant to this discussion (Tim’s method writing long-form with Drafts), where I propose expanding “Arrange Mode” to allow for select multiple blocks of text within a draft and applying actions to them. If this seems like a good idea, please indicate it there, in the hopes that we can get this function added to Drafts soon!