Automators 22: Text Expansion

Good episode! I have replaced most of my TextExpander snippets with either the build-in text expansion or with Keyboard Maestro scripts as my text expansion needs are either very simple or involve Apple Script or more complex scripting anyway.

In the end, I don’t think that it makes a lot of difference, use what you like best and what makes you productive.

Thanks for the suggestion. :grinning:

Still not free, though.

Any other suggestions?

Such a great episode! I use TypeIt4Me app and it works great sometimes. It seems to get stuck a lot in the “secure input” loop. However Keyboard Maestro has never failed me, and to be honest i do not see the use of neither TypeIt4Me or Text Expander when i got Keyboard Maestro, can anyone name one feature that these programs has that Keyboard Maestro lacks?

How can I access the internal text expansion feature for MacOS? All though I like TextExpander, and I do use it especially on iOS. I don’t want to pay the monthly subscription fee once the trial has ended. I don’t use it often enough to justify the nickel and diming.

System Preferences > Keyboard > Text (in High Sierra - don’t think it has changed in Mojave)

1 Like

I like PhraseExpress. It’s a one-time fee, not a subscription like TE. It conflicts with PopClick.

1 Like