Add to OmniFocus via Alfred

First post, long time lurker;

Anyone out there happen to have a workflow for Alfred created already to quickly add an item to your OmniFocus inbox?

Saw a few old v2 workflows floating around but haven’t dived in deep enough to create one myself yet - figured I’d ask first just in case to avoid duplicating efforts.

Thanks!

Why not just use the quick entry shortcut? (Control + Option + Spacebar)
Saves you having to install and maintain the Alfred workflow, and same number of steps to complete the task.

And that, @JKoopmans, is why I thought to post here first :smiley:

I swear I knew there was a global shortcut, but even after some Google fu I couldn’t seem to put together a solid enough search to find it.

I’d still be interested in a quick Apple Script to fire up OmniFocus if it happens to be quit at the time, but the shortcut alone should absolutely tide me over until I work that out.

Thanks again!
-Andrew

Do you have Keyboard Maestro installed on the mac?

It occurred to me that could be automated to be part of a three key-combo sequence:

1.Cmd+C
2.Ctrl+Option+Spacebar
3.Cmd+V

I hesitate to suggest a fourth: Enter

I was thinking you supplement the oF shortcut with a check if Of is running in Keyboard Maestro. Then it will be successful 100% of the time.

Or add a fillin script item with your cmd-c to afdd the project/tahs and/or dates

Go nuts :slight_smile:

Perhaps this? :blush:

2 Likes

Busy week and a half, sorry I didn’t get back to ya’ll sooner.

Ended up combining the premise of the OopsieFocus Script that @Kaitlin posted from Shawn Blanc, and a little Keyboard Maestro magic.

I do love a good AppleScript, but it seems, for me at least, every once in awhile they just break for some reason and I have to go and figure out what syntax or keyboard shortcut in an app I was relying on changed, so I figured straight KeyboardMaestro actions would have more longevity… so to speak.

Thanks for all the suggestions, appreciate your time!

OopsieFocus KM Script Download

just in case someone else is looking for something like this. https://app.box.com/s/bkawl6dbx7ff1vw648gezw4aborigouo

from here: