95: Keyboard Maestro Takes It Up to 10

In case anyone might need it, there’s a new version of the Keyboard Maestro Shortcuts plug in available. You can just download it again, drag it onto Keyboard Maestro and it’ll update.

Earlier today, a user on Twitter noted an issue triggering shortcuts with names that contain characters with diacritics. It turns out between Keyboard Maestro and the terminal, there’s a bit of a unicode translation going on (ref. single vs double point unicode specification of characters) that looked visually correct, but was not a character match. I have implemented a conversion to switch it back to what it should be and it is now working for me and that user.

If you are not using characters with diacritical elements in your shortcut names, then this update won’t have any impact on your use.

3 Likes

I think Rosemary mentioned a window manager that David had suggested and she adopted to use with KM and Stream Deck. I re-listened to the podcast but can’t find the mention, perhaps I’m in the wrong episode! Anyone remember this?
Thanks, Joe

Moom is the one they usually mention, but Better Touch Tool has also been mentioned once or twice for this too. Could it have been one of those you are trying to recall?

1 Like

I think it was Moom, thanks Stephen! I see you’re in York. I’m in Dundee - been a long time since I was in York - beautiful City. We’re planning to come to Yorkshire this summer, a real ‘post-lockdown’ holiday at last!!
Joe

1 Like