80: Automated Calendaring

My workplace uses Office 365, and the scheduling assistant can only view the primary calendar. Instead of having multiple calendars, I’ve had to resort to using categories and color coding different event groups for easier recognition of them.

Any thoughts on how to make a particular category disappear from view? If I could toggle them on and off it would be similar to toggling calendars. I have Fantastical, and looked at the calendar sets, but did not see a way to select by category.

thanks!

I’m listening to this episode again after deciding to try time blocking to bring some more order to my scheduling.

I have one of those jobs where things keep shifting in ways I don’t have a lot of control over, a bit like David said he used to experience when he was a litigator. But some days I have more say over than others, and would like a bit more structure on them.

I’m interested in Sorted, but wonder if it would add much more to my use of Things, calendars and a scheduling AI. It seems to me that I could use Things or Sorted, but using both would be unnecessary duplication?

Did David ever link to his automation scripts he referred to that allow him to bump all his events back one or two hours when something happens to interrupt the schedule?

Here you go - Shortcuts