63: Home Automation Wizardry and Nerd Out

You mentioned motion sensors and night time going to the bathroom. I think I would want lights to turn on low at night and full in the evening and the first part of the day. And not to turn on during daylight hours.

That’s a classic case of needing to AND two conditions together. Actually, it’s a, pardon the pun, switch :slight_smile: statement that’s needed in there as well.

I’m glad to hear it! You will love it!

If you (or anybody else) are interested, I documented the setup process on a Raspberry Pi on my website (link). The text covers the installation process in great detail and describes how to add IKEA Trådfri devices using deConz.

When you have it up and running, I recommend you to check put the NodeRed Add-On, which is great for complex automations.

1 Like

14.3 beta - You mentioned that third-party apps using a shortcut Home Screen still opens the shortcuts app, but that was the first thing I did (hate my bank icon on my Home Screen) and it uses the compact UI just like everything else. It also is great for launcher shortcuts and the upcoming menu box for making nice looking menus in launchers.

As per the show notes, Apple dropped a new beta right after we recorded!

2 Likes